Oh my little readership…what we lack in numbers we make up for with our great big old hearts and potty mouths. I love you so.
This would be day 5 of my 31 days of blogging adventure. I’m 15 to 1 at bailing before day 15…any takers?
Today, I am supposed to share with you my 10 songs that I love RIGHT NOW! However, because I’m a singer and a rather horrible guitar player, I don’t think I’ll stop at just 10. Some of these folks you will know – some will be unknown to you. I’ll try to link a YouTube video to each one so that you can listen when you have time. I dunno if anyone ever really clicks on the stuff I link to – but if you do, you’ll be in for a treat with this list. I’m going to be a little selfish at the beginning because I am on the heels of just having held a house show in which Emma Hill and Bryan Daste came out to play for our friends and family. It was an amazingly epic show. Bigger than the last show we had for Emma and Bryan and they were ONE SHOW AWAY from completing their 51 shows in 55 days. Last night was their last performance. I just love them so much…I could see having them as friends for the rest of my life. ANYWAY – let’s get started on this list, shall we? I’ll count backwards from 10 so as to keep up the suspense:
10. Bridge Over Troubled Water Can Art Garfunkels voice get any more perfect? No. It can’t.
9. New Kid In Town Although I completely adore the Eagles – I feel that Trisha Yearwood does an absolutely AMAZING version of this song. I think my oldest daughter came out of my HOO-HA singing this song. I remember belting it out in the car practically every day for 9 months. 🙂
8. Lucky One Speaking of perfect voices…they don’t get much more angelic than Alison Krauss. You’ll see her again on this list…
7. How Great Thou Art If you want to be “Taken to CHURCH”? This will do it. Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill…I just don’t even have words. I do have goosebumps, however. Lots of them. And tears – because I’m ugly crying right now. Stupid blog challenge. Seriously…does anyone have a tissue?
6. Simple Love The message of this song is so utterly lovely. And the piano in this song is just so light and airy, just like AK’s voice. This is going to forever be one of my top 10 songs. As long as I live.
5. Sweet Baby James James Taylor…do I really need to say anything else? Okay – I will. His pure voice and gentle hands on the guitar just KILL ME. Like, I feel it in my soul…I bet you didn’t think I could be this mushy, did ya?
4. Back Home Again John Denver’s voice has always moved me. The purity…his range. It’s also a song I learned how to play on my guitar when I first started – this song means a lot to my father-in-law and he cries whenever I sing it. It helps that he grew up on a farm that he ended up living on in his adult years…
I’m saving my top three for Emma Hill, because RIGHT NOW? That’s what is on my mind and I love her and she told me she’s going to write a song for me for my birthday. Now, it may have been the Jameson talking? But I’m going to hold her to it.
3. Crazy If my hubby were stalking this BLOG, which I have no idea if he is or not…but I’d probably be standing in divorce court if I didn’t add this song to my list – especially my top 3 Emma songs…
2. Meet Me At The Moon This is the song that started it all for us. My hubby heard it in a podcast, my daughter learned to play it on her uke, we sent a youtube video of her signing and playing it to Emma’s publicist and now? Emma has done 2 house shows for us in a 9 month time-frame.
1. I Will Never Let You Go My personal FAVORITE – if I had to choose. I mean…I love many of Emma’s songs…but this one strikes me in my heart. I love that they will only sing this one standing side-by-side. That’s Bryan, by the way. Raddest dreads on the planet – killer pedal steel player…amazing banjo and guitar picker. And that voice? He just helps Emma shine so bright. And? He’s a rad dude, to boot.
-1. The Keeper Another Emma Hill song.
-2. Life On The Road The Official Music Video!!!!!!! This was released just under a month ago. Can you help get the views up?
-3. In My Daughters Eyes Martina McBride. It helps that I have two daughters. And I hope to have this played at my funeral when the time comes.
-4. A Soft Place To Fall This song is from the movie “The Horse Whisperer”. This is my daughter singing with our cousin Jerett Samples playing guitar and Bryan Daste (Of the EMMA HILL, BRYAN DASTE’S!!!!) playing Pedal Steel with her. We were honored to have my daughter Katie open the show for Emma and Bryan with a 6 song set. She plays her trusty Uke on many of the songs she performed, but since we had incredible people at our disposal that were willing to play with her, we opted to retire the Uke for this one. It turned out AWESOME!
-5. It Will Rain Again my kiddo singing the Bruno Mars hit. Trusty Uke in hand and singing her face off. GAWD I LOVE THIS KID!
Okay – 15 is all I can squeeze out for one day. I hope you enjoy the list and give a few of the songs a listen. If you’re interested in having Emma do a house show for you, please just let me know or contact her on her webpage at http://www.emmahillmusic.com – she’s an amazing performer and once you have her once, you’ll be hooked and want to share her with the world. 🙂